Sunday, February 6, 2011

Wrapping up the course!



I am so happy to be finishing up this Web 2.0 Course.
I have to admit, I was a bit reluctant at first because I felt like I had a good general understanding of the technologies already and I'd never blogged before, so initially, I had to really motivate myself to do the posts each week.

I found myself starting to enjoy it a lot more as time went on. I discovered a lot more about each of the technologies (specifically Del.icio.us, RSS and Geocaching!)

This course has really got me thinking, and i plan to set up a Del.icio.us account to manage all my bookmarks, have been actively using Google Reader to monitor all the blogs i follow in one spot and will continue to use Facebook, Youtube and possibly have a shot at Geocaching in future.

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to City of Swan libraries for setting up this course and offering it to other WA libraries. We have learnt a lot from this course and really do appreciate your hard work setting it up.

I am tempted to keep this blog and post my own thoughts from time to time. :)

That's a wrap! (or gift wrap..for some reason that's what it made me think of)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing the course, now what will you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The course has certainly got me thinking. There are aspects that I will use and others I won't but the point for me is to be aware and hopefully to enhance our library services.

    ReplyDelete