Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thoughts on Delicious and LibraryThing..

Del.icio.us is a term I've heard being thrown around for a while now, I just never took the time to find out what it was. First of all..what a clever name!
Social networking has really taken over the internet.. seeing that it has now expanded to Social bookmarking

It definitely looks like something i would use..I always find that saving bookmarks to the browser can get a bit cluttered..and you can't access it on any other computer. So having it online so it can be accessed anywhere is quite convenient. I like that you can add tags as well.
Here is a link to my delicious account:
www.delicious.com/cvinh
I've only spent a little time on here, but I have a feeling I will be making use of it a lot more in future. Will need to transfer my bookmarks at home onto this site so I can be more organised :)


LibraryThing
I've known about this site for a while..being able to store your library online in a place where you can read other people's reviews and create a network to discover new books is just very appealing for me. The only thing that's stopped me from creating an account until now is the time involved..I'm an avid reader and it would take quite a while to set it up with all my books!
Here's a link to my LibraryThing, I've only added 5 books at present.
www.librarything.com/home/cvinh
I can see this being quite handy for book clubs held by the library, or to help staff find recommendations for library patrons ; there is a lot of potential with this site.

1 comment:

  1. I thought Library thing could be very useful to me, not so sure about delicious though.

    ReplyDelete